How to Make a Butterfly Chandelier-Free Download

IMG_4390_1

I made this fun little chandelier for my girls’ room a month ago using my Back to Basic’s digital line. It’s been a cute addition to their room, and it was pretty easy to make. Check out the tutorial below.

Want to cut it with your silhouette machine (or any other machine that cuts Illustrator files?). Download the ai file here (not for commercial use or resale).It’s already set up with 6 butterflies to a sheet.

ILLUSTRATOR FILE DOWNLOAD

If you want a pdf version of all six butterflies already setup for you (if you need to cut them out by hand), don’t worry! I’ve hooked you up too.

PDF FILE DOWNLOAD

Download the tutorial with instructions here:

carinagardner2010_butterflychandelier_dwnld_banner 1

27 Responses to “How to Make a Butterfly Chandelier-Free Download”

1. Cindy E. says:

I wish the pdf download would work (getting a drawing error). This is really beautiful and my granddaughter would love this hanging in her bedroom.

2. samone says:

I have the same error as Cindy

3. Monica A says:

This is just gorgeous!!
    I downloaded it with no problems.
    Congrats on being featured in AT!!

4. Rupali says:

All ur projects are simple, easy to follow… and beautifully made… Thanks for sharing your work.

5. Adriana H says:

Hi
    I just wanted to know how did you attach it to the light fixture??

6. Robin Rakes says:

Hi. I DL’ed the PDF & also got the PDF error- page 1 was blank. But- I scrolled down to page 2 & there was the instructions. Yea!! Thank You.

7. vanessa says:

I would like to make a chandelier similar to yours using owls. Can you please tell me the approximate size of the butterflies you used?

Thank you.
    Vanessa

8. carina says:

The butterflies are about 2.5 inches to 3 inches. If you download the pattern you can also try to match up your owls to the butterfly pattern.

9. [...] Pottery Barn Kids offered. There are many different tutorials out there, but I found this one at Carina Gardner Studio, where she even offers the butterfly template so you can cut them by hand or with a Silhouette [...]

10. laura says:

first, i sorry for my english, it’s not my language. but i wish the pdf download would work but i get a drawing error. please, can you post a new link, or up to the web the instruction, but in a different format, like .jpg?

thank you.

11. rachel verdi says:

I love this project! I posted link to your project at a digital art/altered art/scrapbooking site where we love hybrid crafts (deviantscrap.com)…thanks so much for sharing!

12. fatma al bably says:

it is a spectacular work .. but i can’t download it
    plz tell if there is another link
    thanx

13. LIsa R says:

So pretty! Thank you!

14. C says:

Yes, I too am having trouble. It’s so pretty – would love to view it

15. Vicki says:

so beautiful and inspired. ♥

16. sofia says:

@Cindy. The pdf instructions work just fine. You need to update your adobe reader. You can do that here http://get.adobe.com/reader/. I hope that works for you

17. Kaylee says:

Mine said drawing error then i clicked okay and it still came up

18. [...] tutorial for this one is available here (by its creator Carina [...]

19. Jamie says:

Hi.. I love the beautiful chandelier you made and thanks so much for sharing the butterfly templates! I hope it’s okay, I’ve featured your pretty chandelier on my new blog here:

Thanks again for sharing!

20. Erin says:

Does anyone know what size sewing hoops work best? Where is a good place to get them?

Thanks so much!

21. [...] tutorial for this one is available here (by its creator Carina [...]

22. [...] tutorial for this one is available here (by its creator Carina [...]

23. Thank you so much! This is very helpful! <3

24. Trina says:

I just wanted to know how did you attach it to the light fixture?

25. carina says:

Trina,
    The light fixture I was using is one that lays flat against the ceiling. Because of that and because the chandelier was so light, I was able to use the twine to slide it beneath the fixture. So I attached the twine on opposite sides of the hoop and then slid it under the hoop. I did this at several different points to make sure it would not fall. I would also suggest using hooks with screws on the end to put those directly into the ceiling.