I met the Crafting Chicks just this last month at Fabric Fest. Talk about a darling group of ladies! I loved the camaraderie they had with each other and the energy they have for new projects! I wouldn’t mind capturing a bit of that energy and bottling it for a deadline (wink, wink…).
If you’ve been on their site recently, you’ll notice a myriad of awesome projects. That includes a darling printable, some easy Halloween decor, and a shout out from Becky who did my Halloween Advent class. Click on the photo to the right (image from craftingchicks.com) to see Becky’s take on the project.
While you are over there, be sure and also check out Nikkala’s Halloween Ice Cream Cups. That background wallpaper sure does look familiar…
I have all sorts of plans of getting my own house spookarific (and I’m sure I will be using some of the Crafting Chicks cute ideas). Unfortunately, things have been a little hectic between the new Deseret Book deadlines, the Carta Bella Winter Show lineup, and all the renovating we are doing on the glamper. I do have an update for you on the glamper, but it will have to wait until tomorrow.
Tonight I need to finish out my spring release of dishware at DB. Which reminds me…I have a lot of lovely announcements about new products from me from DB coming up here in the next three weeks. If you get your catalog in the mail, be sure and check out the bracelets, canvas art, and new Christmas dishware. More on that soon…
It’s the last day! Make sure you get entered for over $300 worth of wallpaper. Enter by creating an account at carinagardnershop.com. I love this wallpaper as an accent to a room or to makeover a closet! Choose from any of the new collections in the shop! Here’s what one lucky person will get:
+4 ROLLS OF PRE-PASTED PVC FREE WALLPAPER (Covers 8 ft W x 8 ft 3in L)
Good luck! We’ll post the winner on facebook at 5pm MST!
Here’s a little recap on some of the things I have been working on the last three months. Mostly, I have been concentrating on the shop, but there has been a lot of other good stuff too.
(Photo to the left—My cute model is wearing an outfit I bought from Ruche—a new favorite).
(Photo below—My new Oval Dot Wallpaper…I love in both wallpaper and in fabric (coming April 2013).
* Winter CHA (which basically took up the first half of January).
* We released Beach Boardwalk at Carta Bella.
* I finished up strike offs for my new dishware line. I still can’t completely spill about this, but I’ll be on in a couple of weeks when they are released.
* For the first time EVER, my indoor shoots were done in the new office. Hence, it marked the first time I didn’t tear apart my house for a shoot. Instead I just tore apart my new office:).
* We bought inventory for the shop.
* I recorded and wrote classes. I planned for the rest of 2013s classes. (Schedule to come soon).
*I started work on the sewing patterns. We are in the middle of testing and hope to get these to print by 3rd week in April.
* I am currently scrambling to work out Summer CHA. There is simply not enough time between the two tradeshows:).
* I had to pull myself from behind the camera to be in front of it.
Of course, that was just my “work” stuff. We had some big accomplishments around the house too.
* Josh quit his job to help run CGInc.
* Charlie started to roll, sit, and now army crawls! He also started to sleep 7 hours at a time (This is probably the best on the list!)
* Siri turned 9. How? What? WHY? I can’t believe I have a 9 year old.
* Felicity lost her first tooth. Then a second. And is wiggling a third and a fourth. There’s not going to be anything left soon!
* I was in charge of the class projects for Siri and Felicity’s classes for Arts Night. We made a quilt with Felicity’s class and embroidered with Siri’s class.
Hoping you get a chance to register in the shop and get entered into our huge wallpaper giveaway!
That’s the way to start a year!